Forum Discussion

Kikin471
New Contributor
2 years ago

Bluetooth Speaker

Why does my speaker lose sound randomly but will still be connected? I replaced the speaker thinking it was faulty. New was on for about 2 hours then went silent. I had to forget, reset the box and reconnect.  This happens on both my boxes and with 2 different brands of speaker. Although my older "Anker" speaker seems to go longer before going silent.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What do you have your audio output settings set to? If Dolby, try Expert mode.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Just a reminder, Bluetooth uses 2.4 ghz, the same is the primary band of WiFi routers, as well as Microwave ovens, game controllers, rc toys, many baby monitors, older cordless phones, cordless keyboards and mice, some garage door openers, and more. There are a LOT of things that could put noise on the 2.4 ghz spectrum and cause the speakers to go haywire. If the main speaker setup is close enough to the tv, I would see if I could hook it up via spdif. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Watch out for Sony wireless speakers. Seems they use straight up Wi-Fi 4 to connect speakers. Talk about interference.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Looks like the video was taken down after the channel was hacked. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Kikin471
    New Contributor

I should add that before I had the 4k contour receivers, I had the mini contour boxes and used a Bluetooth adapter on my TV's and never had a problem. I haven't seen a setting for audio output but will look in settings again. The reason I didn't just stay with the adapters was less wires hanging down, no flashing blue light when TV is off and the micro second delay got distracting sometimes.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

If you have Optical, (SPDIF), that's the best way to go, really. I have a SAMSUNG HWQ60T, and I can hear a difference between bluetooth connection and spdif/optical

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

It depends on the codec.  OP mentioned "micro second" so this may be aptX-LL but although lossy, it's better than most.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Does your TV have Bluetooth?  The wireless box sends both audio and video to the TV, so perhaps your TV can extract the audio and transmit to the speaker.

Kikin471
        New Contributor

No, I had to purchase a small adapter and used the optical connection. I may go back to that setup, but as I stated in my other reply I have had no issues today 

Kikin471
    New Contributor

*still have the issues*

My bluetooth speaker will connect, 5 secs later it disconnects and reconnects. Once a week (at least) it won't connect at all. The profile says connected, even when I tell it to disconnect or forget. Also can't delete the profile until I add another profile. After I reboot the box it reconnects just fine. Next day it starts doing the connect, disconnect, reconnect thing again. This is my livingroom 4k box. In BOTH rooms with 4k boxes the bluetootb speakers go silent after a few hours of continuous viewing. These are two different brands of speaker as well.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

bluetooth uses 2.4 ghz. Make sure there is no wireless routers nearby. 

Kikin471
        New Contributor

My panoramic modem is right there, but I've never had a problem before. I can move the modem but I'll have to rewire the room. I will try and run a test after shutting the 2.4ghz wifi off.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't have the 4K box or the Panoramic, so I'll ask a dumb question.  What device is actually sending audio/video to the TV:  4K box or Panoramic?  I would assume the 4K box does the broadcasting because you have the option to direct-connect the 4K box to the TV with an HDMI cable.