Forum Discussion

bplast01
New Contributor
3 years ago

TV Delayed

My tv is consistently 30 seconds behind when watching, which is most obvious on live sports. Incredibly annoying, especially for the price I am paying. What do I need to do to fix it or I am going to have to switch services.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    waffle
    New Contributor III

Check the other posts here - it's a known issue with their new encoding process. It's awful if you're a sports fan.

Speedyorca
      New Contributor

I thought it was just me, as I'm sure many of us have. It became noticeable sometime in the last year or so, with alerts from The Score and ESPN arriving sometimes a minute before the actual play.

Curiously, while streaming Cox Contour on my iPad, the iPad stream will run anywhere from 5 to 22 seconds in advance of the TV, which itself is running up to a minute behind the actual live action.

It's frustrating to say the least, and I'm wondering if the satellite providers have a similar deal. Combined with the huge Cox price increase recently, I'm finally on the way out myself...

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

About you can do is reboot and reset from your Cox account.

bplast01
      New Contributor

I’ve rebooted, but doesn’t seem to address anything unfortunately 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You can log into your Cox account to reset or refresh...whatever their term...your cable-box.  I'm not suggesting it'll resolve your problem but it's an action nonetheless.

After you've done everything a customer could do, then you can escalate to Cox.  Perhaps it's the node servicing your neighborhood.  Any Cox customers in your neighborhood with the same sync issue?  If not, you can swap your box.  I'm trying to avoid a $$$ tech visit.