Forum Discussion

Flighthawk
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Cox cloud DVR lost all recorded shows and now doesn't record scheduled shows.

About a week ago, we discovered that all recorded shows (over 2 dozen) were gone.  Tried normal reset, but nothing. Contacted Cox support and the opened a ticket and then after some testing, escalated it to the next tier and said should be fixed in 24-48 hr.  Several days later, contacted them again when nothing showed up.  They escalated the ticket again and said wait 24-48 hrs.  Well, days later, no shows have showed up and the scheduled shows have stopped recording altogether.

Since this is a cloud DVR, where are the backups?  Restoring recordings should be easy unless they have a much bigger issue that they are not admitting too.  I have come to my limit with Cox and their inability to inform me what the issue is and their insistence that if I just wait 24-48 hr, all will be fixed. I'm about to commit to a campaign of spreading my experience to as many online as possible if this issue is not resolved in a timely fashion.  Cutting the cord will then be next on my list and going with a streaming service that provides the service I am already paying good money for.

Cox, this seems to be a widespread issue (as seen from this forum) and you need to come clean on what the issue is and have your techs fix the problem once and for all.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Flighthawk,I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread or brief description of this dvr concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Flighthawk
      New Contributor II

I see this canned response to almost every issue posted in this forum.  I have spoke to a support person by phone (1st contact) and via chat (2nd and 3rd contacts).  Even the emailing of the chat transcripts to my email address did not work.  Please explain how reexplaining all this via an email to cox.help will be any different?  I think an email to Patrick Esser might be more productive.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Flighthawk
        I know how frustrating it is when you are not able to watch all of your DVR'd content. Please send us an email at cox.help@cox.com and we can further investigate this issue for you. We'd love to help.
        Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator