Forum Discussion

DOCG
New Contributor
5 years ago

PRIME VIDEO APP NOT WORKING

Several day ago, every time the Prime Video App is opened, an ERROR message "Something went wrong" "try again later or go to the (useless) amazon.com/video help". There is no associated Error Code number.

After  :

confirming 300 Mbs stable internet connection

rebooting Cox modem/TV box, rebooting Sony TV in various sequences orders and time delays

Deactivating the TV with Prime and reactivating it

Changing the Cox Cable Box

Contacting Amazon Prime Video Tech support  in the Philippines

Contacting 2 Tiers of Cox Video Tech support in Virginia USA

Reinstalling/updating  the Cox App package on the TV box

Creating a small (but tasteful) Prime Video shrine with candles, incense  and a plastic Buddha and sacrificing a pet goat........

...........every time the Prime Video App is opens, an ERROR message "Something went wrong" "try again later or go to the (useless) amazon.com/video help". There is no associated Error Code number.      By now we are 5 hrs/3 days into "tech support hell"....

Presently Tier 2 Cox TV Video Support has now sent an encrypted email to the legendary super secret and all seeing "Tier 3"  (OMG!!!) Cox support in Atlanta Georgia (who would have seen that coming?) who MAY contact me back in 24-48 hrs

If anyone has encountered this Cox Amazon Prime App gremlin before and has a "fix" (yes,  I have tried holding the Cox TV box underwater in the toilet for 5 minutes and tossing it against the South facing exterior house wall while screaming in Italian) I would appreciate it.  Jack Ryan is in big trouble and we need to see what happens next.

Thanks

1 Reply

• @DOCG. We can certainly look into this ongoing issue for you. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator