Forum Discussion

On_Demand_not_u
New Contributor
11 years ago

On Demand delay (Rhode Island)

What happened to my primetime and premium updates in On Demand? Example...The Killing, Dexter, True Blood and Falling Skies all aired new shows on Sunday and none of them have shown up in On Demand.  Whats the deal? I asked about this through tech support on Monday and was told there was a delay. It's Weds and still nothing!  Anyone else having this problem?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KipK
    Valued Contributor II

Indeed, there can be a delay of 24-72 hours from the original airing date/time just as a matter of how On Demand works, as we depend on the provider to send us the content.

However, in this case there is an issue being worked on at our main system in Warwick with the On Demand content for Rhode Island. For some reason there's a delay in programming being published. The last update I have is that RI is still working with the head office in Atlanta to identify the issue and reload the episodes.

I'll update this post when the ticket gets updated again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

azima
    New Contributor

I was noticing the same thing for a couple of shows I watch on the USA Network.  Episode 5 is still missing after almost 2 weeks, but episode 6 was added within a week.  These episodes aired on Jul 17, right around the same time you had problems. If there is actually an overall delay, why would more recent episodes be available before older ones? Anyway, did you get this resolved?

KipK
    Valued Contributor II

Sorry, this hadn't been closed out the last time I checked, but I just went back and saw it had been. They had to reload the On Demand database in Rhode Island because it had become corrupted, and then I saw that they had ended up having to do the same thing on the Connecticut server for a similar problem. It should be back to the usual timeframes now.

mayanme2
    New Contributor

It's the end of August and we have this issue again!  the programing for week of the 11th is not showing up on demand! What's the real issue here friends that have verizon aren't having this issue so I don't think it's the programs themselves as I was told by a "tech" when I called weeks ago.

Trikein
    Contributor III

I remember when someone put the wrong preview pictures with the different Ondemand movies. Some of them were pretty funny. Like Saw being given the preview for Barney. LOL Good to see another Rhode Islander here. Welcome.  ::Cheers::