Forum Discussion

MDJonas
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

Vizio Codes for Contour 2 Remote Pairing

I just acquired a Vizio M65 - E0 TV, none of the pairing codes work with the Contour 2 remote (my former TV, Sharp, paired perfectly as does my current stereo receiver).  Has anyone with a new Vizio TV had this problem, and if so, were you able to solve it?

Thank you.

• I did some moving around of stereo speakers and got the remote to pair.  I didn't think the sensor was blocked, but it seems that it was shaded enough to make a difference.  Thank you for your help.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    The remote senor and power indicator is located on the bottom left of the TV screen. Please make sure the sensor is not being blocked. Also, does the TV remote work?

MDJonas
    New Contributor II

Thank you for getting back to me.  The Vizio remote arrived "dead" and a replacement is due here today.  When you say the sensor is at the bottom left of the TV screen, do you mean the left as I face/watch the TV, or is it the other side?

Also, I couldn't get the Cox remote to pair with theTV (tried the Cox codes, the Vizio codes, LG codes and Goldstar codes.) Cox tech support recommend trying anew remote and they're sending me a new one.

MDJonas
    New Contributor II

I did some moving around of stereo speakers and got the remote to pair.  I didn't think the sensor was blocked, but it seems that it was shaded enough to make a difference.  Thank you for your help.