sam08
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

URC-8820 remote

tv: SAMSUNG

cable box: CISCO Explorer 4642HDC

remote: URC-8820-CISCO

I got a new contour box with a new remote control URC-8820. I was able to program the remote to turn off/on the tv. However, whenever I change the channel using this remote, I have to either use my TV remote or press TV button everytime. Prior to getting a new box, I was using the same remote model but never experienced this. Is there a way to make this remote control not only change the channel but also the volume settings? In addition, the picture-in-picture feature which I was able to use before is also not available in this new remote.

• sam08,

I would like to verify that you are not able to change the channel on the cable box with the remote or are you trying to change the TV with the cable remote? This new remote can be setup to control your TV volume if it is not doing that at this time. Please check out the following link for your remote. https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/cox-urc8820/

• Hi Mark,

I can change the channel both for the cable box and tv. What I was having trouble with before was changing the volume of the TV using the URC8820 after programming it for my TV. After checking the website you provided, everything is fixed now. I can change the channel and the volume with just one remote (URC8820). Thank you very much for your assistance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarkM1
    Former Moderator

sam08,

I would like to verify that you are not able to change the channel on the cable box with the remote or are you trying to change the TV with the cable remote? This new remote can be setup to control your TV volume if it is not doing that at this time. Please check out the following link for your remote. https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/cox-urc8820/

sam08
    New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I can change the channel both for the cable box and tv. What I was having trouble with before was changing the volume of the TV using the URC8820 after programming it for my TV. After checking the website you provided, everything is fixed now. I can change the channel and the volume with just one remote (URC8820). Thank you very much for your assistance.

MarkM1
    Former Moderator

sam08,

I am so glad that we were able to help you with your issue. Thank you again for reaching out to the Social Media group. You can alway reach us here as well.

Thank you for your time.