Forum Discussion

ketchum28
New Contributor
7 years ago

Channel Lineup Hampton Roads

Hi, I just spent 20 minutes on Chat with Cox and was not able to find this info...hopefully someone here can help.  I live in the northernmost area of the Hampton Roads market and Richmond, VA TV stations offer much more relevant weather and news than what is offered on my Cox TV lineup.  I'd heard that Cox was going to offer a couple of Richmond TV stations in this market...I cannot find out if that is true or not....can someone assist?  Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

Cox strives to provide a wide variety of cable programming while trying to keep rates as low as possible. We continually evaluate new networks to determine if they would add value to our customers based on cost and bandwidth. If there is a network you're interested in, we can submit a channel request on your behalf.

At this time, there is no indication of the Cox TV Lineup adding the mentioned channels in your market area. Any coming changes in the Cox TV Channel lineup will be included in your billing statement under 'News from Cox' usually 30-60 days before any changes occur. https://www.cox.com/residential/tv/channel-lineup.html is a link to our Cox TV lineup- should you not be aware already.

ketchum28
    New Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply.  How do I take you up on your offer to "submit a channel request on your behalf"?

• You can comment here with the network name, and we can submit the request on your behalf. Weather or not the channel is considered to be included in the Cox TV Lineup can depend on the demand for this channel in your area.

ketchum28
    New Contributor

As I mentioned earlier, I live near the north-most area of the Hampton Roads service area.  The local TV stations on my cable rarely cover news and weather that is the most relevant to our area.  Many residents in my area feel this way.  Adding a Richmond TV station to our cable lineup would be a great service to us.  Any or all of these channels would fit the bill:

WTVR 6

WRIC 8

WWBT 12

Thanks and I hope that customer input does, in part,  drive your decision on this matter.

• I've submitted your channel request. Thank you for sharing your interest.