Forum Discussion

GKL
New Contributor
8 years ago

Customer Loyalty???

Trying to understand why Cox even has a customer loyalty department; there's no loyalty there, unless you're a new customer. So much for customer loyalty or even customer service for that matter. I've been on the phone with 3 different reps (David - 37295; Lorraine - xrx105; and Jane - 13786) for over 2 hours. David - 37295 (a supervisor) - was rude and wasn't willing to do anything. Lorraine - xrx105 - had me on hold for over 1 hour while she "did some research." When she did finally come back to the phone, I told her to call me back when she figured it out; she didn't call back. Jane - 13786 (a supervisor) - was also rude. She kept telling me I have a better rate on my bundle than new new customers can get because "you're grandfathered in." When the rep finally paused to catch her breath, I pointed her to the website to show her the rates new customers could get and she still insisted that my deal was better because of the taxes. So I asked if the taxes were $100....silence; she didn't know what to say. In the end she gave me a 10% discount. I asked her if she thought she was getting a deal when she went shopping and only got 10% off...again silence. As a part of customer loyalty, most of the department stores I shop at give me 15-40% off for using their store credit card for purchases - that's loyalty. Amazing how rude both supervisors were. I guess they got mad because they were asked to do their job.

I'm astonished that I can be a loyal customer for 15+ years (at my current address and others, not including the Cox account we use for our business in another state) and a new customer can get the same bundle I have for less than half the price of what I pay. Time to cut the cord...or jump through hoops to put the account in my son's name so I can get the new customer pricing. It's ashamed that a loyal customer has to jump through so many hoops and a new customer has to do nothing and gets a better rate. That's sad!!!

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello GKL,

For the benefit of other Cox customers please ensure you posts and discussions stay on topic. The TV Forums and The Support Forums has been provided for the specific purpose of making it possible for Cox customers to help each other in using and supporting Cox products and services. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or, in general, from posting in a manner unrelated to the direct resolution of issues expected in the support of Cox products and services.

You may email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with details of your account information for assistance. In your email message, please include:

*Your full address, city, and state.
    *Your name and name on the account, if different than your own.
    *The last 4 digits of the primary account holder's ssn.
    *Your original message here, or details of the account.

Thanks,