Forum Discussion

mv020
New Contributor
8 years ago

Recorded show won't play on DVR

I have my DVR set to automatically record several shows. Every once in a while, when I select a recorded show to watch, it won't load -- the screen will go black for a few seconds, then will take me back to whatever live TV show had been playing. Even if I turn off the cable box and back on again, it will always do that when I select that particular show.

Lately, it has been doing this more and more often. I am not sure, but it seems that it happens with any shows that are supposed to be recording while I am watching something else On Demand. It also happens when I am not watching On Demand, but it seems that it will always happen if I am watching On Demand while something is supposed to be recording. 

• Hi mv020,

I would recommend unplugging the power to the receiver for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, try playing back a recording that would go black. If this step doesn't work, please share the Model and Interactive Program Guide (IPG) of the Set Top Box (STB). The Model number is usually listed on the front. When the receiver loads, does the IPG Rovi or Contour come up?

mv020
    New Contributor

It looks like that did the trick! Thank you!