Forum Discussion

Vjmoses
New Contributor
8 years ago

New Contour 2 remote programming

Why is it not possible to program audio device AND tv? It seems I can only do one or the other. Second question: on both Reciver and client the receiver doesn't ever turn off with remote?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Vjmoses,

Do you have the Contour 2 XR5 Remote or the XR11 Voice Remote? Both remotes can be programmed for TVs and audio devices. What is the brand name and model number of the audio device you'd like to sync with your Contour 2 receiver?

The function of the Power and ALL POWER buttons on Contour 2 remotes varies between host and client receivers. A Contour 2 receiver that is powered down is actually in Power Save mode. Learn more about the power settings for Contour 2 receivers at http://bit.ly/C2Power.

eschlich
    New Contributor

I have the same problem. Got the new Contour box and the XR11 remote today. I have a Samsung HW-E450 sound bar. I tried the automatic pairing 992] and the codes on the Cox site and none work. I tried using manual codes and they disconnected the TV pairing. I had to use 991 to repair the TV.

1. Please verify you can only pair either the TV or the sound bar but not both.

2. If above is not correct, How I can set up to control the volume of the sound bar and power for both TV and sound bar. The power on/off option is not so important as the sound bar turns off 20 min. after the TV powers down.

If 1. is correct, Cox really needs an improved remote. Controlling only one device other than the cable box is not satisfactory for modern common usage. At a minimum, it has to control the cable box, TV, and one additional- most likely an audio/video receiver or a sound bar.

• Hi Eschlich,

Yes, the XR11 remote is capable of pairing to a TV and a sound bar or other audio device. The key is finding the correct programming code for your audio device. This code may be located in the user manual that came with the device. Try the following steps:

1. Turn on the Samsung sound bar.
    2. Press and hold the Setup button on the remote until the status LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
    3. Type in the 4-digit or 5-digit code for your audio device. The most likely codes for a Samsung sound bar are 31868, 31950, 32660, 31949, 32137, and 31304.
    4. If the code is entered correctly, the status LED will flash green twice. If the status LED blinks red, then green, the code was not entered correctly. Check that you are entering the correct code and try again.
    5. Press the All Power button on the remote. If the audio device turns off, you have successfully programmed your remote to control your audio device.
    6. If these steps don’t work, try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.