Forum Discussion

JimMW
New Contributor
9 years ago

Contour 2 buffering/rewind problem

I just got off the phone with Cox support. Earlier today I got the new Contour 2 box installed at my house. After playing with it for a while I realized that the buffering capabilities I had with the previous box were not present in the new box.. For example, on the old box I could watch one channel, switch to another channel, watch it for a while, and switch back and use rewind to go back and watch what I had missed. With the new box you can only rewind to the point you switched back to the channel, so you cannot go back and watched what you missed. I was also told that if you are watching a channel and press record in the middle of a show, the recording will not include what has already aired. You could do this with the old box as well. I told Cox support to log a complaint from me. If you are like me and find these changes to be very inconvenient, I encourage you to call Cox and lodge your own complaint. Maybe then it will get attention and fixed.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Hi JimMW,

Thank you for your suggestions. I've forwarded them to our Product Team for review. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.