New Contributor
9 years ago

netflix

is there an app for Netflix?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AllenP
    Valued Contributor

An app where?  Both Android & iOS have Netflix apps as does most smart TVs, streaming boxes and blu-Ray players.  If you are talking about Contour, no.

• There isn't a Netflix app currently built into the Contour or Contour 2 platform. This could change in the future, however, as we continue to expand Contour's capabilities and functions. Stay tuned!

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Becky said:
    There isn't a Netflix app currently built into the Contour or Contour 2 platform. This could change in the future, however, as we continue to expand Contour's capabilities and functions. Stay tuned!

Becky, how about getting the Contour platform to work reliably before expanding it's capabilities?  IMHO, your resources would be better spent fixing the bugs and enhancing the cable TV experience before adding functions like netflix.  Anyway, so many devices exist today for streaming netflix, etc. why duplicate that function.  If you don't have the app builtin to a SmartTV or blu-ray player, a streaming device can be had starting at under $35.  Contour still has a way to go to even catch up to the old Passport guide, I can't comment on Contour 2 as I haven't seen it yet.  Contour still won't tell me a series episode won't record because I've run out of available tuners