Forum Discussion

hr_tivo_user
New Contributor
9 years ago

Tivo Roamio Pro (Hampton Roads)

Hello,

Hoping you can help.  Have had 3 support phone calls & tech visits, and still can't get my (new) Tivo to get all my channels.

I have done alot of reading (I'm a tech guy), and seems I can not get to the right people I need to talk to.  Appears to be an issue with SDV channels based on what last tech said (I can get HD channels).

Ugly details:
Started with getting an Arris Cablecard & Motorola Tuning Adapter (picked up from Cox store).  Activation phone call to support (didn't have order number) was less then event-full (nothing happened).  Agent said could take up to 20 minutes, so waited.  After about an hour, I called back and went into further troubleshooting.  Was told that the cablecard was properly 'paired', but I still had nothing (blinking light on TA) needed to send tech out.
- Of note here, although the TA light never stopped blinking, I could see the Tivo signal to the TA (TA red led blinked once for about every 5-7 amber blinks).  From what I've read, this means Tivo is talking to the TA.

While waiting (a few days) for the tech to arrive, I managed to get my order number & tried the self install again.  Using the automated number (thinking that is an automated system to system thing), I appear to have 'activated' the card and I start getting channels (yea)!
- Question:  Why could the service agent not achieve this?

Oh, wait, I'm not getting all the channels?  I appear to get the HD channels, but the SD channels were hit and miss (and couldn't get any of the music channels).

Tech onsite, and went through signal tests and signal was good (including upstream - he did a docsis test).  Then he removed the MoCA filter, and plugged the Tivo into RF Out of the TA (not how self-install installation describes). I did question him about this, and offered him the the self-install document but he said he knew about it and it didn't always work that way.  (Huh?  Well, ok.)

He brought a new cablecard & TA.  When he showed them to me, the 'new' cablecard was Motorola branded & the TA was Arris branded. I suggested that if the cablecard was Arris, to start with the TA replacement (thinking at least we would be working with the same vendor).

He replaced the TA, and after (a few calls) to his support folks we had a solid light on the TA (YEA)!  Oh, wait.  I still am not getting the SDV channels, and Tivo does not see the TA as even being there.

I have read issues about Motorola (Arris) TA firmware & recent Tivos, and need to know what we need to do to pull this all together and get these issue resolved.

Sorry so long-winded, just wanted to provide as much information as possible.

Thank you, and I look forward to issue resolution.

Scott

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    wees41
    Contributor II

you need to call the cox 1 800 cablecard line as far as I know cox doesn't offer self install of cablecards, but they do on tuning adapters which is what most likely happened.

• Quick google search:
    http://www.cox.com/residential/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=ef9633d0-5c33-11df-ed4d-000000000000

To self install a CableCARD, visit your local Cox Solutions Store and pick up a CableCARD Self Install Kit. 

• Hi, I have responded to your email about this issue.

Brian
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

wees41
    Contributor II

I should have said self activation of the card