Forum Discussion

Lauranerf
New Contributor
12 years ago

Unable to log into the mobile browser MyDVR site

This Cox support page is for remotely programming your DVR: ww2.cox.com/residential/northernvirginia/tv/digital-video-recorder.cox?campcode=gntile_tv_dvr

When I go to the mobile browser URL cox.com/mydvr as shown in that article, I am redirected to https://m.cox.net/mydvr

I used this site once or twice in the past, but the last couple of times I've tried it, when I put in either my home number or my mobile number and the MyDVR PIN, it says "Invalid PIN or phone number". When I use either the "Forgot your PIN" link or the Register button, and put in my information using either phone number, and my primary Cox account and password it says "Invalid Cox.net username or password." I know I'm using the right account and password because they work when I log into Cox Webmail.

I ran into this problem when I tried to use the mobile website via my Blackberry (9930 OS 7.1), but am able to duplicate the problem via the Chrome browser on my PC. I'm using Windows 7.

I tried to get this fixed via both the Cox online chat and Cox phone support. The phone guy did not seem to know what I was talking about with the mobile website, he kept referring to using their apps, which don't work on the Blackberry. The chat guy kept telling me to call Blackberry support, even after I told him I had the same problem with Chrome. He also said Chrome and Firefox are unreliable and that I should only use Internet Explorer with the Cox website.

I asked the chat guy repeatedly to escalate my problem to Tier 2 tech support and have someone reset or delete the phone number and PIN from the MyDVR login on my account so I could register for it again. He finally told me to only use my PC to remotely set my DVR and ended the support chat.

Has anyone else had problems with the mobile MyDVR site, or been able to get thru to a tech support person who can help with the mobile site? I'm very, very frustrated with Cox right now.

Laura

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DerrickW
    Valued Contributor

Hi Lauranerf,

There are certainly a few things that we can try to resolve this issue with logging into the mobile site. One thing I would also like to recommend if you have not tried it, is to clear the cookies, temporary internet files, and browsing history on your smartphone and try accessing the site again.   

I can try to duplicate the issue from here using my personal cell phone, I will just need the account information.  Could you please copy your original post, and email the account information to me at coxhelp@cox.com.  In that e-mail please include the name on the account, street address, and the phone number.  I would like to see what happens if I try to login as you, see if I run into the same issue.

Lauranerf
    New Contributor

Derrick, I sent my response to you via email on 19 Feb. Any progress?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Are you able to sign into email at all?  Do you get an error message when you try to sign into MyDVR?  When I sign in with my account I'm prompted for the username and password that are used for email access.

Lauranerf
    New Contributor

Chris, all that information is in the first post in this thread. Yes, I am able to sign into email. Yes I get an error message when I try to sign into MyDVR. The error message is "Invalid Cox.net username or password."

I know that is not true, because that username and password works for email.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

It it possible to clear your browser's cache or browsing history?  You may be viewing an old verison of the site.  I tested on my phone and it no longer requires a phone number and PIN.