Forum Discussion

Slikmar
New Contributor
12 years ago

Error Codes

Is there somewhere we can look up the error codes shown when something doesn't record or a channel doesn't come up?

They are usually in a #.#.# format or something. One thing I am getting tired of is turning on my aux box, which is set to 1309 (ENCORE HD) and it saying no signal or somesuch for the channel until I change channels.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Hi Slikmar.
    Those error codes help us troubleshoot in the office. Unfortunately, we don't have any way for the customer to look it up on their own. It sounds like what you are describing is a switched digital issue. 

Switched digital video technology broadcasts to a customer only the cable TV channels that a customer is actively viewing or recording.

If the server supplying that channel sees that there has been no activity, it should display a message on the screen asking if you are still watching. If you have left the receiver on and only turned the TV off, of course you will not see the message and the server will cut the feed and you will see the black screen when you do turn the TV on. 

The easy fix for this is to always turn the receiver off with the TV when you are not watching and you shouldn't have this issue any more.

Stephanie A
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Slikmar
    New Contributor

That would make sense, except we do turn off the box and tv (just hit power on the remote, which turns off everythihng).

StephanieA
    Former Moderator

Hi Silkmar.

Just hitting power doesn’t necessarily mean that both TV and receiver will be turned off. If you just press the button once, it will only turn off the device that is linked to the mode the remote is in. There is a master power button, if you press and hold down the power button for 4-5 seconds, the remote will turn off everything. Do you know which step you are doing?

Stephanie A

Cox Support Forum Moderator

Slikmar
    New Contributor

I hold for 4-5 seconds, and the primary device the remote is set to is the auxillary box. We don't use the main box for anything, as I like to record 2 shows at a time a lot.