Forum Discussion

Davidoo
Contributor
9 years ago

ESPN HD becomes pixelated, unwatchable, usually during Monday Night Football

I have service with Cox here in the Phoenix area at 2 homes.  One is my private residence and the other is in an apartment in Tempe where my son lives.  At the apartment, during times where you would suspect a lot of people are watching an event on ESPN, such as Monday Night Football, the picture becomes so pixelated, with freezes and sound cutting in and out that it becomes unwatchable.  Again, this only seems to occur when there are big events on that channel.  This does not happen at my house, only at the apartment. 

This is on channel 1033, the HD version.  I can switch to channel 33 and it is fine, but of course an inferior picture without HD.  Is this something that could be due to Switched Digital Video somehow?  Just seems like too much of a coincidence for it to happen only during the times you really want to watch something.  Also wondering if it has something to do with the capacity because of it being a very large apartment complex.  Any ideas?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Davidoo, 

Are any other HD channels affected when this happens at the apartment in Tempe? Please let me know if the problem occurs this evening. If you can update us at the time it's occurring we can check the channel in your area. 

• Colleen, I will let you know if it happens tonight.  Is there a way to send you something privately with the address?

• Davidoo, 

Absolutely! Hopefully the problem won't reoccur, but you can email your account info and details of the problem to cox.help@cox.com if it does. Please include your forums user name or a link to this post in your email. 

Thanks!
  • Maybe you are good luck Colleen.  No problems tonight at all.