Forum Discussion

teecajun
New Contributor
9 years ago

Free Professional Installation

As a new customer I ordered a bundle deal with "Free Professional Installation". When ordering service I discussed with a Cox Sales Representative that I wanted to keep all hardware already installed at the address which included a telephone modem, internet connection, one Contour record 6 DVR and 3  Contour HD Receivers. I asked specifically if all would be covered by "Free Professional Installation" and was told that it was a  "Free Professional Installation" unless a new line or jack had to be installed.

Get my bill and there is a $25.00 Professional Installation charge for "Add Outlet". Called Cox Customer Service about issue stating I was told I would not be charged any additional installation fees. They referred me to Cox Technical Services to resolve the issue. I contacted Cox "Technical Services" who advised that "Free Professional Installation" included the installation and activation of 3 lines. In my case there were 4 lines installed/activated and therefore the $25.00 Professional Installation charge for "Add Outlet". I said there were no lines/outlets installed by Cox, that all wiring and boxes were already there. They advised that Cox turning on and activating the receivers was considered an "Add Outlet", add line or activation. 

I stated that I did not believe I should be charged this as at the time of ordering service the Cox Customer Sales representative knew kind and the number of hardware devices I had and had advised me that all would be covered by the "Free Professional Installation". The Cox Technical Services representative stated the charge was correct according to Cox policy and fees and they apologized for any misunderstanding I may have had.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Domino
    Valued Contributor III

And your technical question is.....??

wees41
    Contributor II

how are you a new  customer when you already have the equipment?

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

HAH. So Cox Sales promised you something they couldn't deliver, and when you called Cox Sales out on it, they passed you to Technical Support? Sounds like they just didn't want to talk to someone who wasn't open for a commission. How sad. Next time, ask for "Sales Support". They are like sales, but don't depend on commission for their paycheck.

I would suggest getting them to look at your account and see in the account notes who you initially talked to. Ask to talk to them or their supervisor. If the notes stated they were giving you a "free install" then they should honor it IMO. Otherwise I see it as a rope-a-dope. Good luck.