Forum Discussion

dmorack
New Contributor II
12 years ago

NHL Center Ice HD

Is there any reason why the NHL Center Ice HD channels don't work (black screen) in Fairfax County?  I thought the first 2 weeks were free.  Interestingly enough, I am able to watch NBA League Pass which I never ordered.  Did Cox mix up the channels?

I'd order NHL Center Ice of Cox can guarantee the HD channels will work.  I have the Whole Home DVR and have reset the box 3 times.  All of my other HD channels work fine.

-Doug

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Some games are available in HD but not all however.

dmorack
    New Contributor II

I understand that.  The guide shows that 4 games were available in HD last night around 8pm.  I got to see the first 30 minutes of one game (7-7:30pm).  Then, the screen froze and none of the NHL Center Ice HD channels were viewable after that.  Since all of the other HD channels worked, including NBA League Pass which I have not subscribed, doesn't that seem to indicate a problem with the NHL Center Ice HD package?

If I tune to the SD channel, the bar at the bottom also states I can press "A" to watch in HD.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

The sequence of events you described sounds more like a technical issue than anything.  When I look from this end the set top box isn't responding to diagnostic requests suggesting a signal or equipment related problem.

dmorack
    New Contributor II

The last tech that visited here about a month ago put on a new filter on the back.

So you are saying I need to have another service call?  I've had more services calls over the past year than over the other 13+ years I've lived here.  Every cable leading to the cable box has been replaced.

The same issue is occurring this evening.  I am able to receive the NBA League Pass HD channels, but not the NHL Center Ice HD channels.  Is NBA League Pass free?

dmorack
    New Contributor II

NHL Center Ice HD worked fine until, as I suspected, NBA League Pass started right at 6pm.  I can watch the NBA games in HD which I don't pay for, but I cannot watch the 2 week free preview of NHL Center Ice HD.

-Doug