Forum Discussion

gamer11
New Contributor
9 years ago

All channels in guide say "To Be Announced"

Added a third cable box to my service in Roanoke, VA yesterday. The other two boxes, one a DVR and one a little box, work just fine. This third new box is a little one and all of the channels in the guide say "To Be Announced" in one half hour increments. I've turned the box off and on and unplugged it so it would reboot with no luck. I had to get someone on the phone yesterday just to get this box working. He, in Texas, sent signals to the box several times and was ready to give up and schedule a service call when all of a sudden it started working. I've also noticed that I am unable to add a new user and when trying to show caller ID on screen that "Interactive Services" is missing from the menu.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Gamer11,

What options show when you press the Cox Menu Button? Are you getting an error when selecting "add new user". I was able to locate your account and I'm not seeing a signal. Is the coax line going to the box a straight connection from the box to the cable outlet, or is it on a splitter?

Thank you,
    gamer11
    New Contributor

Nichole,

When the Cox Menu Button is pressed all options appear except "Interactive Services" where the phone tools are.

When adding a new user I am able to enter a new name but the next step is to select a picture to associate with it. The pictures you are to select from do not appear and I cannot get any further.

All TV's in my home are on a home run to a splitter bank immediately after an amplifier which is adjacent to the initial cable entry into my home. There are no splitters on any line. Every inch of cable, splitters, and amplifier were replaced about three years ago.

• gamer11, 

If all connections at the amplifier and that splitter are tight we can try power cycling the amplifier but beyond that I'd have to suggest scheduling a tech to get to the bottom of this. Everything on the account appears fine yet we are unable to communicate with the new box.  For scheduling you can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your account info and details  of the request or call your local office at 540-776-3848

gamer11
    New Contributor

Swapped out the cable box at the local service center for a new one. Didn't have all the channels I was supposed to but one phone call and a reset by the technician took care of it. All issues are now resolved.

• Hello gamer11,

I am glad that everything is now working properly. Please let us know if we can be of assistance. We are here to help. 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.