tortugas94
New Contributor
12 years ago

Commercial​s Interrupti​ng Shows on Cox Cable in Fairfax County, VA

This was an email that I sent to Cox Date: Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Subject: Commercials Interrupting Shows on Cox Cable in Fairfax County, VA

To: cox.help@cox.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

Above problem of commercials overriding parts of shows on at least Fox News Channel 72 (FNC) has been occurring 2 to 3 times an hour for many of its shows in at least the last week and a half.

It happened again about 12:20 pm on Sunday, Jan 6.

It has happened in the last week and a half on FNC shows including America Live, O'Reilly Factor, and Hannity.

Please give me your kind assurance that the advertisements will not block portions of those shows in the future.

Thanks.

------------ end of quoted email ----------------------

I'll let people know when I get an answer.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    tortugas94
    New Contributor

Jan 7, advertisement interrupts O'Reilly Factor at 8:16 pm Eastern time cutting short one segment, then ads continue until 8:23 (7 minutes!). Then broadcast goes back to show, but it is joined in progress, the ad block having started before one segment ended and blocked the first few minutes of the following segment.

Help Cox! 

tortugas94
    New Contributor

Another commercial overrun that blocks part of an FNC program, Jan 7, 2013:

Hannity 9:21 pm Eastern time goes to commercial after completing a show segment, advertisements continue until 9:26 (a full 5 minute ad break), then rejoins show, clearly in progress. Again, the ads are blocking parts of the FNC shows.

Ground Control to Major Cox

Your circuit's dead,

there's something wrong

Can you hear me, Major Cox?

Can you....

ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Definitely let us know when this happens.  Feel free to post here with the date/time of occurrance, what show was interrupted, what commercial was playing along with the channel/network it happened on and our media team can investigate.

Fisher
    New Contributor

This happened in our area just on FOX NEWS NETWORK for weeks in Nov last year. It took us about 3 weeks to get them to fix it and they never apologized. Something is fishy it is mostly Fox NEWS and COX.