Forum Discussion

LH422
New Contributor
9 years ago

Proscan TV Mini-Box Remote Codes

I have a Proscan model PLED2329A-C television...new... and have not been able to find a code that allows me to operate power / volume on my TV with the Cox remote.  I tried letting the remote scan for the code (didn't work), and then tried to manually enter codes found on both the installation instructions and also some additional codes found online at remotes.cox.com...those didn't work either.

I have tried Curtis codes, as literature provided with the TV indicates Proscan is manufactured (owned?) by them...I have also tried RCA codes as an internet search suggested to try those also.  No luck.

I can use the mini box remote to see the guide and change channels, but it will not power on/off the TV or adjust volume.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LH422,

Just to clarify; your Proscan TV is connected to a Cox mini box? Try the following steps:

1. Press and hold the SETUP until the POWER button blinks twice.
    2. Enter code 3382.
    3. Press the POWER button.

Does the TV turn off?

LH422
    New Contributor

Becky,

1)  Yes, my TV is connected to a mini-box.

2)  The TV does not turn off using code 3382.  I tried all nine codes listed in the instruction manual included with the mini-box.  I also tried every code shown online...at least twice.  Nothing will power down the TV.

This TV seems to be an electronic oddity...apparently Proscan programmed the TV with a super secret code that only they know about...

Thanks!

LH422
    New Contributor

And to clarify...yes, it is a COX mini-box...

• Hi LH422,

I'm sorry that programming this remote has been so frustrating! I supposed it's possible that something is wrong with this particular remote control, and the "Code Search" setup option isn't functioning. I dug a little deeper and found a few more codes that might work:

0047 3577
    2183 3636
    2256 3717
    2746 3895
    3332 3939

If none of those codes work, and you happen to have a 2nd mini box remote, swap remotes and try reprogramming both of them. 

LH422
    New Contributor
    Thanks for the info, Becky...but no luck. I tried all of the codes, and then swapped remotes from a 2nd mini-box. This TV has it heels dug in and isn't going to cooperate easily.
  • Hello LH422,

I am truly sorry that we do not have a code that will work with that TV. 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.