Forum Discussion

Albert_H
New Contributor
10 years ago

Phone service

I do not have a phone connection to the phones in my house. There is service to my site, but there is a problem in the wall box which I assume is my problem. I have a service call set for next week. Will they fix this problem or am I responsible for it assuming it is my equipment not Cox's?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Could you explain what you mean by "wall box"? Do you mean the NIU or the phone jack? Why do you assume the problem is there?

In general, any phone wiring past D-mark(point where Cox wiring ends, and yours begins) is customer responsibility unless you have a line protection plan of some type. It would be on your bill or you can ask if you have it before you make the appointment.There are some exceptions to this rule, to allow flexibility for the technician in the field, but thats the rule of thumb.

Where the d-mark is differs from house to house. If you have a phone modem, then it would be where the cable wiring is connected to the electrical ground. If its NIU (see above) then it would be where the phone wiring attaches to your punch block, or is physically in your house.

• I had the same problem. The rep came out and found the problem. They had to install something new. In my case there was no charge. I have never had a problem since. You save money by having phone as part of your package.

When my phone rings it shows up on my television who is calling. I can call anyone in the USA and I think Canada.

Trust me you will love cox TV. My next door neighbor has AT&T  Their truck has been there for three days trying to get their phone back on.

P.S. I love cox and I assure you I don't work for cox. So set back, relax and let the service rep set up your phone.

Hey health edge! Don't confuse the poor guy with all that technical gobble d goop. The cox phone tech will handle it. They are very sharp and are trained to be nice guys who know their business.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

harrygallagher said:
    Hey health edge! Don't confuse the poor guy with all that technical gobble d goop. The cox phone tech will handle it. They are very sharp and are trained to be nice guys who know their business.

gobble d goop? Almost your entire post didn't address any issues in the OP. It was vague bordering on confusing. If they have a question about my word choice, they are welcome to ask. The fact that he was able to track down the problem made me think he has a basic understanding of phone systems, so I didn't want to insult his intelligence. Your post sounded like a commercial. Did you register just to troll? 

ReneeG
    Former Moderator
    Hi Albert H,

Our field technician will be able to diagnose and resolve any issue related to your Cox equipment and services. Any time a technician comes out, there is a potential work order fee. If the issue is on our network or with our equipment, the work order is completed free of charge. If the issue is with the internal wiring, customer equipment, or customer caused, then a fee will be assessed unless you subscribe to Cox Service Protection Plan. This plan offers customers the peace of mind knowing that if the internal wiring needed to be replaced, you don’t have to worry about coming out of pocket for a work order fee. Our CSPP is $6.99 a month. There is no contract to the CSPP, so you can cancel at any time. There is a 6 month wait to add the service back if it is canceled. Please let us know if you'd like us to review the account for you.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

ReneeG said:
    There is a 6 month wait to add the service back if it is canceled.

O'rly?