Forum Discussion

jackiem
New Contributor
11 years ago

Call Rejection/Blocking Charges?

I have been receiving continuing calls from a "business" that come in with the name "Jean" at a Las Vegas number. We have tried ignoring the calls and also calling back and telling them not to call again. I went through the steps for selective call rejection, entering the number. This did not work. I called Cox Tech Support today and the representative told me that I do not have the "call rejection" feature so that is why it hasn't worked. He said that this feature is 99 cents per month. Nowhere in the information on the web site does it say that there is a charge for call rejection. The idea that there would be ANY cost for this (even a small one), especially not in an upfront statement of how to use it, is very annoying to me. I cannot find a description of this anyplace online. Has anyone else encountered this?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have used the rejection feature and until now didn't realize there was a charge.  I will look at my bill to see.  But all I do is "*60" and follow the direction.  Hope this helps  I just looked at my bill and I don't see a charge, but I do see in the fee increase section that it shows that call rejection can be a 0.00 to 0.99 charge, so I don't know. SS

Dina
    Contributor III

Jackie, these features are not sold a la carte at any price. The Selective Call Rejection and Selective Call Acceptance features are included in the Cox Phone Premier package only. If you are subscribed to this package you should already have access to both features. The instructions on how to use the features is located here: http://bit.ly/1eM26cz  

jackiem
    New Contributor
    [Dina, thanks for the information. I do have the Premier Package--or at least I am being charged for this monthly. However, when I go to the "My Account" section on the web site to access details, there is no indication that I have more than the basic services. Frankly, I am becoming very disgusted with the conflicting information I receive when I contact Cox Communications for help. This incident is the most recent and is certainly a prime example of a representative providing the wrong information. I am of course going to call again today to confirm which services I actually have, but I have little confidence that I will receive accurate information this time around, either.
    Dina
    Contributor III

Jackie, there is no need to call. I can look that up for you. As I will need to access your account, I need you to email us at Cox.Help@cox.com and include your full address & Cox PIN. 

yak
    Contributor III

Since you are paying for Premier Service, you should be able to dial *60 (star 60).  That will take you to the Call Rejection feature. If you just want to enter the last number who called, hit #01# (Pound 01 Pound) .  The feature will read back that number. You can just hang up.

After you dial *60, it may ask you to "Turn On" the Rejection feature. The instructions are easy. 

You lift the receiver before dialing *60. 

If you get Caller ID on your tv, it is fun to watch as a rejected number appears on the tv..... but your phone doesn't ring. You know that the telemarketer has been rejected.