Forum Discussion

Pam613
Contributor II
3 years ago

What’s going on with phone tools?

My phone is showing I have messages but when I go to the Cox website it keeps showing an error message all day long. I can’t access phone records or messages. Anyone else in RI having this problem? I know some of neighbors are.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Hi, Pam.  I'm having the same issue and I've have reported it to Cox.  They replied there haven't been any other reports of this issue.  It takes a while for enough reports of Call History issues to be received before Cox will research it.  So, send them an email at cox.help@cox.com (in case you forgot it) so they'll get started.

It could expedite matters if before you send the email, you do the following: try different browsers, verify there are no missed calls available to click, clear site cookies and cache and try it on all your available devices.  Then tell them in bold letters that you've done all of that already.  It might save you a couple of emails (or three).  

This is the exact same issue you and I were having Feb 17, 2019.  As you know, if you click on Call History, you'll see this error message at the top of the page:

Error while fetching call records

The following error message is displayed where call history entries would normally be listed:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties processing your call history request

Clicking on "All" or "Missed (0)" has no affect.  But clicking on "Voice Mail (0)" will display entries for any voice mails you have in call history.  If you do see voice mails listed when you do this, you should include that in your email to Cox.  But, be clear that only voice mails are listed and only when clicking "Voice Mail (0)" or some back office individual might think the issue is fixed.

Voice Tools - Call History:  phonetools.cox.com/history

Pam613
      Contributor II

Thank you for responding, Curt. Yes, I did have this issue before. I chatted with them yesterday & have a ticket open but nothing yet…..it took weeks to fix last time I had this issue. My phone display is showing multiple calls & voice  mail. I’ll try your solution. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Cox opened a "CUI" ticket for me too.  Those are tickets for issues that only affect an individual vs "UNO" tickets that affect a large number of customers and might be forwarded to their software vendor for resolution.

Doesn't it seem just a bit odd to you, that the exact same issue would happen twice to the same two individuals at the same time in different regions of the country?  But, Cox still considers this to be two separate issues and not any kind of  national or regional issue.