Forum Discussion

pete49
New Contributor
5 years ago

Call history

What is going on with the call history? Calls don’t show up for hours & then appear 8-10 times at the same time.

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

From Call History to Caller ID on TV, what's going on with all of Cox phone service?  It's all glitchy.

For example, I got a call the other day.  My phone rang, my call blocker intercepted and Caller ID worked on both devices.  All was almost well.  The only glitch was Caller ID on TV did not display the call.  Meh...oh well...been there done that...sometimes it works; most times it doesn't...glitchiness is the only consistency with Cox...etc.

However, about 10 minutes later, the Caller ID on TV displayed the call.  It wasn't a second call from the same number...it was the same call finally displaying on my TV 10 minutes later.  Your awful commercials don't mention that.

I guess I shouldn't complain because, technically, it worked.  I only wish Cox' Caller ID on TV worked at the time of the call.

Allan
      Hello Bruce. The delay you speak of is not normal. Are you experiencing this with all cable boxes in the home or just one? Also, please power cycle the cable box and let us know if there is any change. Thanks. Allan -Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The delay I spoke of is not normal.

I only have one cable box.

I did a System Refresh before the 10-minute delayed Caller ID on TV due to a prior problem.

Prior Problem:  My cable box was sluggishly responding to inputs from my remote control.  The sluggishness felt like I was doing a Remote Procedure Call on a computer.

I used the Help menu on the Contour box (A) and under the Troubleshooting options, I clicked the System Refresh service.

The Refresh did not help; however, the sluggishness eventually cleared after a couple days.  After the sluggishness cleared, I got the 10-minute Caller ID on TV problem.

Coincidentally, today, Contour is sluggish again.

• Hello Pete49, Are you experiencing this issue with the Cox Connect app, when you access the Voice Tools on our website, or both? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      pete49
      New Contributor

It was the same on the website & the connect app. It happened for quite a few days.

Allan
        @Pete49. Are you still experiencing this issue? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.