Forum Discussion

HummingbirdMom
New Contributor
8 years ago

Phone calls drop after about 20 minutes

We have had this problem for a long time now. We had a repairman come out and he said squirrels were eating our lines. But the problem didn't improve.

Our calls drop about 20 minutes into a phone call. At first we can hear the other people talking but they can't hear us. Then the call just cuts off altogether after another couple minutes. My husband has many conference calls for work and looks like a clown when his phone cuts out all the time. 

It doesn't matter the time of day. It doesn't matter whether it is international or local. It doesn't matter if I have recently unplugged and restarted the Ubee modem. 

I see similar posts to this where a technician comes on and asks for more details, but then the answer is never posted.

Is it possible to get a new modem?

Thx.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with the phone service.  There are many reasons that could affect your call quality and we would like to help you address it.  This issue is going to require us to look at your equipment and signal quality.  We are going to need your personal info to research.  Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook via private message, or at cox.help@cox.com. and send us a copy of this tread so we can start assisting you there.