Forum Discussion

ChrisB
Community Manager
13 years ago

Voice Mail Update

Cox Digital Telephone Customers,

As you may be aware, Cox is experiencing a hardware issue with its voicemail platform that is impacting some residential Cox Digital Telephone customers - mainly those on the west coast, including Arizona and Las Vegas. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused our customers. We continue to work around the clock with vendors to fully restore the voicemail service. We anticipate the full recovery of customer voicemail information, however the service may remain disabled through the weekend.

The issue is isolated to voicemail and does not impact incoming and outgoing calls or other phone features. Please be assured that we are working with the highest level of urgency to resolve this issue. We'll continue to use Cox Forums, Cox.com/Help, Twitter, and Facebook to keep our Digital Telephone customers informed about voicemail issues.

Thanks,

Cox Forums Team
Learn more at Cox.com Help / Support

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Steve_D
    New Contributor

It's understandable that problems can occur.  However, since a service that we are charged for is now not being provided for about  a week, it seems appropriate and fair that we receive credits to our forcoming bills?  

• This is SO much more than unacceptable.  The time that this voice mail system has been down is ridiculous for a company of your size in the IT business.  This has caused me so much trouble that at my earliest convenience, I will not be using Cox for my phone and I think you deserve to lose many customers, so that money and energy will be put where it needed to be when this problem first occurred.  It seems that it could have been rebuilt from scratch by now and in use.  And where are your back-ups and system failure processes?  Is voicemail that complex?

JohnR
    New Contributor

This is absolutely unacceptable....we are considering switching our service. It is imperative that we be reimbursed for this interruption of our voicemail. We have elderly parents whom we rely on getting our voicemail, incase of emergency.