Forum Discussion

cjnusser
New Contributor
9 years ago

router123.com to reset wifi password

I had wifi setup on my mom's cox internet, and they installed a ubee dvw326 modem/router/phone.  The technician created a custom domain and password, which I wrote down, but now it can't be found.  I called support to see how to get to router administration, and was transferred to level two support.  I was told to go to router123.com, select the ubee device, and when it asked for a userid/password, put in user/user.  But all I get when I do that is an identical scree asking for a userid/password, and if I enter user/user on that screen, I get an unauthorized user error.  The support person had me clear the internet data (which wiped out some data i didn't want wiped out).  We also tried typing the IP address in instead of router123.com, with identical results.  I have tried on my ipad, the computer that is ethernet connected to the modem, and my Galaxy 5S phone.  All get the same results.  At which point the support person said she has no idea what is going on, it should work, and told me to take the router to a store and switch out.  I am not going to do that for something this simple.  There has to be something small that is getting overlooked, but she was of no help whatsover.  I said I would try to connect via WPS, but she said she couldn't recommend that.  But after I got off the phone, i did just that, and my phone connected via WPS just fine.  Right now, everyone that should be connected it connected, but I am bothered by the fact that no one knows the password and want to reset it so i can get it documented so this time it won't get lost.  Is ther anyone else that has experienced this problem and was able to get around it.  Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

First, I would recommend the instructions on page 18-20 of this manual.  Are you sure your not seeing the change password prompt, which you get after first logging in after a factory reset? Also, what does the screen say? Can you include a screenshot?

Also, are you trying this wired or wireless? Try wired. 

In the end, if the passwords are not becoming the factory defaults after a factory reset, then either the factory reset isn't occurring (what process are you following?) or there is something wrong with the device. It could be the configuration file for that unit, for that area, disables customer configuration. This would be unusual, but possible.

EdwardH
    Valued Contributor
    Cjnusser, if you are referring to internet data in the browser it would not change anything about the route if the default user name and password to manage the router directly. To make the user/user login work if it was changed the Ubee factory settings would have to be reset by holding down the reset button on the back of the Ubee for about 15 seconds. You will need a pin or paperclip to press the reset button.
    ---