Forum Discussion

email_will_not_
New Contributor
9 years ago

smtp

What are the current settings for the outgoing smtp email?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, use this link for more information: http://bit.ly/1r31mnH
    Paaralan
    New Contributor

The listed SMTP outgoing settings listed have worked for several years, but they do not currently work.  I am receiving error messages on all outgoing mail such as:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

asdfasdf@abcdef.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720
    [(0) smtp.cox.net. [68.6.19.8]:465: socket error]

Paaralan
    New Contributor

Using the settings from the link, I deleted the account from my Gmail, then attempted to add it again. This time, I receive the following error message:

Your other email provider is responding too slowly. Please try again later, or contact the administrator of your other domain for further information.
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

When your sending email out, are you on a Cox network? Or off Cox network? Curious if that has anything to do with it.

• Paaralan,

Do you have the account added directly in GMail on their website or did you add the account in the GMail app on your device? I've noticed the settings options vary depending on where you add the account. Additionally, it seems either option will automatically add east or west to the incoming server name and we no longer require it to be included. Troubleshooting Cox email being checked via another service is difficult for us to troubleshoot since we don't have the ability to investigate the provider you are using. 

When the error happens are you able to check the account in question successfully when checking the account directly via Cox webmail?

Paaralan
    New Contributor

Colleen,

Thank you for replying. This morning, the server started working again, and everything I attempted to send during the outage has arrived at its destination. At this point it is working perfectly. However, for historical purposes, I have included the answers for your questions below.

Thank you!

Mark

ColleenD said:
    Paaralan,

Do you have the account added directly in GMail on their website or did you add the account in the GMail app on your device?

It was added directly on the Gmail website and has been operational for several years. I have not added this account to the GMail app on my phone.

When the error happens are you able to check the account in question successfully when checking the account directly via Cox webmail?

Yes, both the new and old webmail work. Receiving messages from this account has always worked. It was the SMTP server that I could not get to relay the messages.

• Paaralan, 

I'm glad to hear that the issue seems to have cleared up! I should have clarified and asked if you are able to send via webmail when the issue was occurring.