Forum Discussion

Searsk
New Contributor
10 years ago

Cox webmail

I am currently stationed in Naples, Italy. I have been using my cox webmail for my main communication, this has worked great for a year but about a week ago I have not been able to login, I get a timeout this page cannot load, I can still login to the main cox site but if I try to get to webmail I get the timeout. Any help would be appreciated this is the reply I get:

The connection has timed out

The server at idm.west.cox.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Also I have tried Internet Explorer

Is there an email I can use to contact cox communications?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Here it is May 13th and the same problem is back.  Cox Webmail takes WAY too long to respond just to go to the FAILED to respond web page.  Deleting history, cookies, temp files, etc... does no good.  And what is bad about this is that it happens twice to three times a week (Webmail unresponsive).

Why is Cox not addressing this problem???

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hi Lance, we are currently making updates to our Webmail system. I apologize for the issues you've been having with Webmail, have you also tried different web browsers?  Click here and try to login - http://webmail.east.cox.net.  
    R_G_Keefer
    New Contributor
    I am located in Las Vegas, Nevada. I use IE and Cox.net is my home page. I also have delays in starting IE because Cox.net is not responding. Once I get signed in, the delay to access webmail is the second frustration I deal with. This is not a new situation for me, but it is a very aggravating one. The same actions/reactions apply if I use Chrome. Please don't tell me you've done upgrades sporadically over the last two years. Using that excuse, you must be replacing the entire operating system and hardware servicing LV. One nice thing, though, I do have other options here. I also have an 11 year history with Cox. I would prefer rthat I didn't have to change. Well, back to trying to get into my webmail.
  • Hi R.G.Keefer, try launching your browser as a blank page then type webmail.cox.net in your address line. Let us know if it loads any faster for you.