Forum Discussion

shockedanddisma
New Contributor
12 years ago

Why can't I download Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee?

I have had Cox security suite on my laptop for 2 years.  About 4 days ago I kept getting error messages.  real time scan kep turning off.  I spent early thanksgiving morning with Mcafee trouble shooters - who remotely "fixed" the problem and restored real time scan. 

Today - the problem returned.

So I unintsalled all mcafee.

Now I just want to download cox ssecurity suite and see if it works.

But when I try to click on teh download I get this:

Our apologies...

The page you have requested is not available. This may result from logging in as an Authorized User instead of the Primary Account Holder. For your security, only Primary Account Holders can access certain features such as Cox Security Suite, Secure Online Backup, Parental Controls, and other account management settings.

This is SOOOO annoying.  I am the only account holder.  I chatted with cox technocal support.  They were NOT helpful.  They sent me a link to the same download page.  When I clicked on the download - I got the same stupid message:

Our apologies...

The page you have requested is not available. This may result from logging in as an Authorized User instead of the Primary Account Holder. For your security, only Primary Account Holders can access certain features such as Cox Security Suite, Secure Online Backup, Parental Controls, and other account management settings.

So Icalled technical support and was cut off repeatedly by the person on the phone.  I was trying to explain I can't download the suite and he kept telling me outages are happening in my area.  Not my problem.  MMy problem is I am being blocked from downloading - it isn't a connection issue.  So the tech support guy got rude and without any discussion transferred me to mcafee.  What?

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

Please check your private messages, I would like some more information to help you better.