Forum Discussion

Tom2001
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Webmail - 500 Servlet Exception

Ok so for the last 3 days I keep getting the following error message upon trying to logon to my webmail.

500 Servlet Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: too many servlet includes `/do/mail/folder/view'

Cox says they are "working" on the problem with the "Virginia" sub-contractor that handles their email.

Anyone else having this problem?

Tom
  • No problem here. Can you sign into Cox.net? Or you are signing in there, can you use webmail.cox.net? I wonder if its related to the problem they had with the trash folder deleting last week. 

Another thing you could try is signing into enhanced webmail incase its a problem with java, which is a programming language. Enhanced webmail uses flash instead. Even if you don't stay with enhanced, it would isolate the problem.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

No problem here. Can you sign into Cox.net? Or you are signing in there, can you use webmail.cox.net? I wonder if its related to the problem they had with the trash folder deleting last week. 

Another thing you could try is signing into enhanced webmail incase its a problem with java, which is a programming language. Enhanced webmail uses flash instead. Even if you don't stay with enhanced, it would isolate the problem.

• Thanks Health!

Using Enhanced mail did the trick. However not too fond of the interface, classic is much better IMHO.

I also see quite a few emails with only the To: filled in and <Unknown> for the date sent. When I click on one of them I get a "message not found" in the body for the email. Any ideas on these Zombie emails? Maybe they are causing the Java error?

Thanks again for the tip on Enhanced......at least I can get to my email. Wonder why Cox didn't tell me to use it?

Tom

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Tom2001 said:
    Using Enhanced mail did the trick. However not too fond of the interface, classic is much better IMHO.

Then that tells you its not a problem with your account at least. Try updating your java? Even if it doesn't fix the problem it's a good thing to do anyway. If you wanted to confirm it was a PC issue, try to sign into the account from another PC. You could even just have Cox try to sign in and then have them reset the password afterwards.

Actually, might want to hold off on troubleshooting for now. I just tried to sign into my accounts, and it took 3-5min between login and finally seeing my inbox. This occurs both when trying classic and enhanced.  I can sign into Cox.net but as soon as I try to click over to webmail, I get a hourglass. I wonder if they have one of the servers down working to fix the problem?