Forum Discussion

Aggrivated
New Contributor
10 years ago

How do I change my phone number online?

Should be simple, but I can't find the dam@ option.

Thanks

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, are you trying to change the house phone number? Or are trying to update your contact information online?
    Aggrivated
    New Contributor

The account phone number. To pay bill through automated system, it's asking for the phone number associated with the account. I have a new phone number. 

• Hi, since this is not an internet issue that other Forum members can assist with I will be locking the thread.

We do not have an online option to update the primary contact number. You can call in on the toll free technical support line to update your account contact number. Instead of choosing the Billing/Account services option, choose technical support. You will be asked to verify the account information, so have your Cox PIN (or last 4SSN) available. Ask the tech to enter the new phone number and exit and re-enter the account to make sure the number changed on the account.

Alternately, you can reach out to us through Social Media: Facebook, Twitter @COXHELP, or email us with your account information: Full name as it appears on your account, complete address, the phone number you want to list as your contact number, and your Cox PIN or last 4SSN. Please note in your email that you are requesting us to change the contact number. Please include a link to this thread as well. Here is the email address: cox.help@cox.com