Forum Discussion

Fit_Girl2
New Contributor
10 years ago

Trouble Connecting Wirelessly to iFit Module

I have a treadmill with an iFit module that tracks my workouts. I have had this program for over a year and recently cannot connect wirelessly to my internet. I checked with the ICON personnel (who run my iFit program) and checked their online forum and with tech support. This is what they suggest I ask my ISP (Cox Communications). Please review and let me know what can be done to make this work with my wireless internet again. "If you received the error 'Unable to connect to access point' check these 4 things if verifying your WIFI networks password and trying again does not work. If you do not know how to check these settings, contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider), or the manufacture of your router. 1.Your router is broadcasting in 802.11 B or a mixed mode that includes B. 2.DHCP Enabled. 3.Broadcasting Publicly. 4.MAC Address Filtering is disabled. There are a number of things that can go wrong in the configuration but they are usually not too hard to solve. The module uses 802.11b. Many newer routers are made for 802.11g or 802.11n. B, G and N represent different versions of the WiFi standard. Each newer version provide a significant improvement over the earlier versions for speed and reliability. But so far, every router that I have ever seen is compatible with the original 'b' standard, but you need to make sure that your router is set to support 'b'. Sometimes it is clear that your router can be set with 'b', 'g' and 'n'. Other times it is called 'mixed mode' and still other times it is listed in terms of speed in mhz where 'b' is always the slowest."

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Fit_Girl2, please post the router information here. Is it separate from the modem or do you have a combo router/modem?

Fit_Girl2
    New Contributor
    separate from the modem. You should be able to tell me if the settings are conducive from the network.
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Fit_Girl2 said:
    You should be able to tell me if the settings are conducive from the network.

Cox won't know anything about how a device is connecting to your router. The best they can see is the MAC which gives them the vendor, thats it. 

What model router do you have? How is it configured? I think a bad IT person is asking you for information without knowing the context of what is going on. I can help more but I need more information.