Forum Discussion

KoolWhp
New Contributor
10 years ago

Internet issues in Northeast Ohio

Has anyone else on the West Side of Cleveland had issues with their Cox internet for the last week? Mine (Preferred) has been extremely buggy, and this is the first time in seven years I've had an issues. Friends of mine on the West Side have also had issues.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I looked from there and see a few notable things that could be factors.  The modem is reporting some hints of noise problems in the downstream signal however it appears you're also using an older DOCSIS 2.0 modem that is well beyond end of life.  If you wanted to try upgrading the modem first to a DOCSIS 3.0 model you would at least be able to take advantage of the free speed increase to 50Mbps.

KoolWhp
    New Contributor

I was just thinking that my modem is pretty old! Is that something I can pick up at a Cox store? I think there's one in my area.

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hi Bobby,

Yes we do sell modems in our Cox Solutions stores, availability will be based on the inventory of course.  Here is a link to locate the stores that are closest to you.  Click here - http://www.cox.com/aboutus/contact-us/cox-centers.cox.