Forum Discussion

help_me
New Contributor
10 years ago

cox internet home page

For the last 3 days I have not had a cox home page, my connection does not work and a screen comes up that the web site is under construction???

We're sorry, our web site is currently undergoing maintenance.

This web site is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to complete the maintenance as quickly as possible. Once the maintenance work is completed, this website will resume its full functionality.

Please know that our employees are working to quickly complete the maintenance operations and restore your services. Thank you for your patience.

In the interim, you may find these alternative web destinations helpful:

Search the Web

Enter a word or phrase in the entry field below and click the Search button to begin your search.

1. What can we help you find?

Cox-Related Information

For infomation related to your Cox account, please select from the options below:

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

What is the web address you have your home page set to? I suggest changing it to something new, the link you have is probably dead. Cox.com, ww2.cox.com and cox.net are all working for me right now.

captbill
    New Contributor III

I'm not the OP, but have been having the same issue for probably the last week.

Interestingly, if I click the "Webmail" hyper-link in the message, it will indeed bring me to my webmail page, and from there I can navigate to any other section of the website I wish.

For what it's worth, I always go to cox.net.    Until recently, cox.com would have brought me to their marketing section, although now I just tried it and it appears to be an alternative for getting to my webmail.

I'm in Connecticut if that makes any difference at all.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Can you copy and paste  the actual link? 

http://www.cox.com/myconnection/home.cox works for me and I am in RI.

captbill
    New Contributor III

http://www.cox.net/     is what I use to login everyday for the past several years, but for the past week will only bring me to the error message.

http://webmail.cox.net/    is the link I can click in the error message that will bring me to webmail and the rest of the website.

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

They might have changed how it redirects. Cox.net hasn't existed for a couple years now, it has been just redirecting to Cox.com or ww2.cox.com. Just update your home page to my link above or change it to anything you like/works. I got this error in chrome, but MSIE worked.

You attempted to reach www.cox.net, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www.cox.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.cox.net.

captbill
    New Contributor III

No worries, I'll follow your suggestion and make the change to your link.  

I'm on a mac, and was getting the error message in Firefox.   Just for giggles, I tried using Safari and then Chrome a moment ago (something I hadn't tried before)  and in both browsers the cox.net url brought me to my homepage.   

I'm really not tech savvy enough to know why that would be, but I'm not going to tear my hair out worrying about it.  

Changing my homepage link is easy enough! 

Thanks!  :)

Edited to try to make my gibberish more readable!

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Yea its complicated. Like cox.net works, but not Http://www.cox.net for me. There were a couple threads that there is work being done to the site to fix some things, and maybe part of that was cleaning up the DNS for the domain. Just a guess though. Im not exactly sure either. LOL

OP, did this fix the issue for you too?