Forum Discussion

Xyl
New Contributor
12 years ago

Cox Wichita Kansas Area

Hi, I've had cox for over 5 years high speed internet with tv and phone, I've been having an upload speed issue for a few weeks now where my internet is basically timing out for a few seconds every few minutes or i'll just incredibly slow speeds for awhile, today i had a tech come out who seemed helpful, he replaced the line outside a new modem basically everything in his power he could, however this didn't actually solve anything other then cross some things off a list that don't work.

The tech that came out however "scheduled" an appointment for a noise test/check the line in my area, however sense he was a contract worker he doesn't know anything about how cox actually works so he couldn't tell me when or how long it'll take or if i'll know when they're working on it, so i decided to call cox back a few hours later when i received the automated call on how the tech did, i talked to a very rude employee named "Allen" who wouldn't give me a last name and claimed cox would know Allen and wouldn't forward me to a supervisor eventually after being on hold for 10 minutes i was able to talk to another person and explained my frustration of not having working internet, "Allen" told me he can't give me a date on when the line people will come out and it hasn't even been scheduled for an appointment yet and how I'm not a priority to them ( I guess the 300$+ bill a month doesn't mean anything!) however the supervisor told me he would have them call by Wednesday (it's Saturday now) That's five days longer without working internet.

So here i am with the only thing I can do with my internet is post on forums because I have zero upload speed on how terrible the customer service as cox is and just how unstable the internet in my area is, over the past 5 years I've must be nearing the 100-120 calls total, I can't think of a time where my internet has been stable for more then 3 months at a time, the last tech I had out was about 2 months ago where I was having a noise problem, looks like its back eh?

I'm hoping by making this post that I can actually reach some sort of higher up tech that works for cox that can help me with my problem so I don't have to go through the hassle of switching providers for everything, because something tells me Wednesday will roll around and I won't have a phone call and my Internet will still not be working and I'll have to call back and explain the problem all over again and get another contract worker who can just replace a few wires then scratch his head for a few hours and rinse and repeat.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion