Forum Discussion

greenmymac
New Contributor
11 years ago

Cox Home Security Question (Alarm went off)

Ok, so I had my system installed yesterday but last night at 2:40 in the morning the alarm went off and the only alert was the touchscreen had been tampered with. Amazed at that since everyone was asleep. 

I called tech support this morning and he advised me on the issue and I just want to know if this is true. I decided to mount the touchscreen on my wall and he said since there is a micro sensor in the tablet's bracket thats why the alarm went off. Because I removed the bracket earlier that day i guess at 2:40 in the mooring it realized that and said it was being tampered with.

Is this true?

Im just worried its not the case and I am going to have an early wake up again tomorrow. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    greenmymac
    New Contributor

OK, thank you for the quick reply! There needs to be something with the documents or the installer that comes out needs to tell people not to remove the bracket!

Also is there a manual or something from the manufacture for the Touchscreen out there somewhere that details this information. I don't to inadvertently do something that is going to trigger an alarm .

Gemini9674
    New Contributor

Is there a wall bracket?  I had my system installed about a year ago and all I have is the picture frame style bracket to place it on a counter. I would LOVE to mount it to the wall near the back door but haven't been able to figure out exactly how to do that with the bracket I have.