Forum Discussion

thref23
New Contributor
13 years ago

Enough with these disconnects....in Tempe & Scottsdale AZ

I have been experiencing random disconnects at my residence in Tempe, AZ since connecting new service slightly more than a month ago.

Both my modem and my router have been used in error-free setups in the past, restarting my modem/router/etc do nothing to affect this issue.  The internet goes down (modem seems to reboot), and comes back up again.  My signals seem fine.  I removed the only splitter before the modem, and the problem, if anything, got worse.

At my work in Scottsdale, where we are reliant on our internet connection to process credit card transactions amongst other things, we are experiencing the same issue every so often.  And we have an advanced telephony modem set up there.

Cox customers all over the country have been complaining about nearly identical experiences, in this forum and previously on the dslreports.com forum before it went down recently.  These customers occasionally report seeking assistance from Cox tech support, and at best they report no change, at worst they report that they were encouraged to spend time and money to fix the issue that was supposedly on their end, and their issues became worse subsequently.  And for every customer who has complained publicly, there are many others who will not complain because they are not that inconvenienced or because they just don't care that much.  Also, my initial attempts to post to these forums were not successful because a technical error prevented me from registering for the forums.  I imagine others experienced this as well.

This is not really a minor issue.  Uptime might be better than 99%, but where the internet can be expected to go down randomly for at least one minute, at any random time and at an average of at least once per day, then this internet service cannot really be counted on for anything important.  Period.

I understand that no ISP can offer flawless service, but it is absolutely ridiculous that Cox has not acknowledged this problem, on their end, to date (please correct me if I am wrong).  The purpose of this thread is simply to see Cox acknowledge that its customers, throughout the country, are experiencing random internet disconnects and that this is resulting from an issue that Cox, itself, is responsible for.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Internet_Forum1
    New Contributor III

Unfortunately it's in SW Louisiana too... Ridiculous... I thought it was over... Lasted about 1 week, then went away for 2... Now it's back... Good luck. Raise rates and provide piss poor service to existing customers... Offer new customer decent packages... I can understand the raising the rates.. When people leave you have to make up the revenue somewhere... Why not screw the existing(30+ year) customers..

Internet_Forum1
    New Contributor III

terrible speeds today too...  0.30 down and 5.08 up... Is this what the preferred is now going to?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1928858967.png