This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Boring lines through neighborhoods

Our sewer backed up and a plumber came out and ran a camera down the sewer line and said that our sewer line had been decimated/shattered.  Okie Dig came out and marked all the utility lines.  It appears that Cox ran a cable right through our sewer line.  I called and was told the soonest someone could be out to look at it is in FOUR DAYS.  I don't understand how utility companies can use directional boring right through someone's property with complete disregard for existing sewer lines, etc.  I am not allowed to dig without first calling Okie Dig to have all the lines marked.  This is a complete disregard for a person's property and should not be allowed.  Meanwhile, I can't flush my toilets--what am I supposed to do for the next four days?!?!

• Hello Just Joan,

I am truly sorry to hear that you had this experience. We should always have the lines marked before digging and burying cables. I can imagine how frustrating this would be. I would like to look into this and see what we can do to help. When you have a chance, can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a link to this thread?

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator