Forum Discussion

walkinaz
New Contributor
11 years ago

McAfee Security

I have the preferred service level and I am supposed to be able to down load McAfee Security on 5 computers. I have recently purchased a new laptop and I want to download McAfee on it. Every time I hit download it says Oops, I reach a page that isn't there or has been moved. I have called CS and have been told it's McAfee's problem. When I call McAfee, nobody has ever answered. I've called 3 different times and the hold times were in excess of 30 minutes with no answer.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Trikein
    Contributor III

Can you download it on other computers or does it fail then too? Also you want to make sure that you don't have any active anti-virus on your computer already.

Could also be a problem with the hand of between Cox and Mcafee. If it is, I think they have to do something in their computers to disconnect the internet service then reconnect it, and it repairs the connection between Cox and Mcafee. But it could be other, easier to fix, things too.

Trikein
    Contributor III

If you can't get it to work, you might want to explore other free A/V options. Avast is a good choice and beats the pants off Mcafee in detection and memory usage.