Forum Discussion

bryaninphx
Valued Contributor
11 years ago

pop.west.cox.net

pop.west.cox.net

Is there any official date that the Email Server Name pop.west.cox.net will be officially retired? or will it continue to just get a redirect.

I know the preferred server is now pop.cox.net, but most everyone I know is still using pop.west.cox.net

One family member is having issues and was told by Cox that pop.west.cox.net was no longer valid, Since I am currently using it I know that is not true at this time. So I am looking for confirmation of a retirement date if any.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Trikein
    Contributor III

I see no reason why they would cancel the redirect. It's just some DNS entries. If you think about it, cox.net still re-directs to ww2.cox.com still and thats been like 5 years? The person your family member was talking to was probably just reading the documentation and not understanding the background. I guess its possible they might retire it, but that would cause such huge call volume that trust me, you would hear about it first. 

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

I am seeing a very odd behavior with my sisters primary email account.

Webmail access always works,

If I change the password then Windows Mail will work for several syncs, then quits and gives a username/password error.

Change the password again and Windows Mail will work for several syncs, then quits again.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    No word yet as to when the regional server names will be retired.  As for the Windows Mail issue don't forget about the anti-virus software, it proxies all email traffic.  You could try disabling or removing it and see if the issues persist.  In many cases where the anti-virus has gone corrupt a simple removal/reinstall fixes it.
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

I changed her settings to pop.cox.net, did not resolve the issue

I have set-up her Cox email account on my computer and I have the same problem.

Her husbands Cox email works fine through Windows Mail on her computer.

Anti Virus does not appear to be an issue, since her account will not continue to work on my computers either.

There appears to be an issue with the POP server remembering her password.  Can Cox reset her account and password on the Email servers?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    There should be an option to reset the password on the sign in page.  Otherwise she would need to speak with us to verify her identity and we could proceed.