Forum Discussion

Kim_Hess
New Contributor
11 years ago

can not access email

Last night and again tonight I could not access my email.  I tried at 6:30 p.m. ish and was able to gain access to email.  But now here again I am needing to check my emails but I can't...ugh...what is the deal???

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    micky
    New Contributor

I have been trying all morning to access cox e-mail, and i cant either and of course I am expecting a very important e-mail. The last time this happen I swore I was leaving cox. You do not here of other e-mail services being down like this.  Does any one have suggestions on a safe and secured e-mail service.  I see a lot of people use g-mail is this safe and secure.

Thanks

Trikein
    Contributor III

How are you unable to access email?  Are you talking about Outlook? Webmail.cox.net? Is it saying wrong password? Some kind of error?

But yea, Gmail is on a whole other level as a email provider. Their anti-spam is second to none, also their IMAP servers are very fast. To be honest I used Cox email for the addresses I give away at cash registers and at parties when I don't want to give my real email. :-) But thats a good use either none the less.

micky
    New Contributor

I am using Cox Web Mail. Just got of the phone with cox support, they said they are having issues with the web page since yesterday. It came back up for a bit , but now it is not working and they dont know what is wong, or better yet dont have a cule what is wrong. This is unacceptable. You are a major corporation.

micky
    New Contributor

I am trying to access web mail, but cox says they are having problems with there page.  So then G-mail is safe and secure for personal and buisness e-mails?

Trikein
    Contributor III

What URL are you using? https://idm.west.cox.net/coxlogin/ui/webmail?

I can log in both Classic and Enhanced. But with enhanced I had to stop then F5. 

As for sending email through Gmail, define secure? They allow a 2-step authentication, give you access to IP that have accessed your account and give you a force boot option. They also allow multiple IMAP sessions and use TLS 1.4. So in that way they are very secure. Not to mention their uptime is very high. Where people avoid using Gmail is when there are privacy concerns. Thats because Gmail's computers "read" every email and use it for advertisement customization, anti-spam, and knowing your personal preferences. Most of this is done to predict what you want done with a email before you even know it, but it also means your emails are out there floating in the cloud. A very nice, secure cloud, but a 3rd party cloud none the less.