Forum Discussion

tajkkj
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Blocked e-mails from groups.io

Hello,

In the last couple of months, I've been notified by groups.io that a number of messages sent to me by several groups.io groups I subscribe to have bounced. Below is the report I received yesterday from groups.io. This seems to be a Cox problem, perhaps based on black listing by cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. Note, that not all traffic from groups.io to me are blocked. This happens occasionally, but is a serious problem because I am never informed of the blocked traffic until I get a bounce report from groups.io, after they have prevented any future attempts to send me traffic that I signed up for. I have to explicitly inform groups.io to resume attempts to send me traffic.

Below are a few of the recent bounces according to groups.io:

When Message Reason
Dec 21 #21497 [CMRI-Users] Updating the MRCS firmware sketch that makes a BBLeo into a CMRI Node... cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net: 550 5.1.0 66.175.222.12 blocked. Refer to Error Codes section at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CDRBL
Dec 16 #21496 [CMRI-Users] FS: CMR/I Equipment! cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net: 550 5.1.0 <bounce+12408+21496+987528+4746607@groups.io> sender rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CDRBL
Dec 15 #21489 [CMRI-Users] DCCOD cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net: 550 5.1.0 <bounce+12408+21489+987528+4746607@groups.io> sender rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CDRBL

2 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Tajkkj

Have you already follow these steps?
    Contacting Cox for Assistance
    If you are having problems with email delivery to Cox, and you were unable to resolve your problem using the steps in the Error Codes section above, send us an email at unblock.request@cox.net for assistance. Your email must contain all of the following information in order for us to process your request.

First name
    Last name
    Email address
    Phone number
    Domain
    IP/CIDR range of outgoing email servers
    From the following choices, indicate the item that best describes the issue you are experiencing.
    My IP address is being blocked
    My domain is being blocked
    My email is being marked as spam
    My email is not arriving to the intended recipients
    My email is being delayed
    Other
    Include a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, such as the date and time when the problem began and the corrective action that has been taken.
    Include email server logs related to the issues.
    Note: Due to the technical nature of the requested information, this email should be submitted by an email administrator or other technical contacts that is familiar, and can obtain, all of the requested details.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      tajkkj
      New Contributor III

Just sent that out to the unblock.request@cox.net you provided. I'll see what happens. Thanks.