Forum Discussion

bigb63
New Contributor
5 years ago

router username and password

my service was installed Thursday, I was able to login to the panoramic router, I made no changes, just wanted to look at settings, I have been in the IT industry for 22 years, I wanted to look at the firewall settings and MAC filtering options, but again made no changes, was busy and had to go, today I tried to login several times and can no longer get in with the default admin password.  Does COX ever login and change these? my concern some has hacked it, I now see several devices connected that I cannot identify, if I reset the unit, not reboot, but reset, will I need COX to reconfigure it?  If someone else has the password it will do me no good to just reset the wireless password, they will just change it

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Negzero0
    New Contributor

Just do a hard reset and it should clear up the issue with the password change 

Negzero0
    New Contributor

Make sure you also change the password as well after 

bigb63
      New Contributor

tried that several times, no luck, tried from different computers, it really seems to me someone has accessed it and changed it, does COX ever do that? seems so weird I could get in, now I cant, I really want to see the logs, pitiful tools they give you from the cox.com page

bigb63
      New Contributor

when you say hard reset, you mean reboot or stick a pin in the reset hole in back?