Forum Discussion

wrh
New Contributor
6 years ago

Moving Emai address

I'm a LONG time Cox customer. So long, in fact, that my email address is my three initials, like "xxx@cox.net". As you can imagine I want to keep it. I recently moved to a new Cox account, my Ex is still on the original account. I asked Cox to move/associate my email address (the three letter one} to the new account. They replied "No, can't do it.", "Software is too old, can't do it", "it like moving property, can't do it." WTF! Is this for real? 

1 Reply

• Hi Laterdaze, if you have not established a Primary Username on your current Cox account, the process is simple. Have your ex log into www.cox.com/.../home.cox using his account's Primary Username. Click on the "Users & Email Accounts" tab. In the list of Secondary Users, have your ex click on the "Remove User" option next to the email account you want. A confirmation box will pop up, asking "Are you sure you want to remove the user xxx@cox.net?" Have your ex click the blue "Remove User" button. Next, you will need to go to www.cox.com/register and register your account using your account number or full address. Set your "xxx" (your initials) as your Primary Username. Note: if you have a Primary Username on your current account, log into www.cox.com/.../home.cox and click on the "Users & Email Accounts" tab. Click on the blue "Add User" button to add your "xxx" username as a secondary user. If you have any difficulty with these steps, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, full current address, and a link to this thread. We may have to add the "xxx" username manually. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator