Forum Discussion

Cmon
New Contributor
11 years ago

webmail login

Why  does Cox Webmail no longer have any idea where I am ? I cannot log in to webmail  without  filling out a location or zipcode.I already barely use this email because its so slow to load and  many problems .

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

The most common cause for this type of issue is the browser is not storing the cookie that stores your location.  I would suggest resetting your browser settings to defaults and if you have any privacy software installed to try disbaling that.  Another possible cause could be if a proxy of any kind is being used.

Kim_D
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue. Getting tired of the darn map asking my location all the time. Cookies are enabled and show 20 cookies stored for cox.net and 2 for webmail.west.cox.net. Any other ideas?

Amethystle
    New Contributor III

how about the cookie for idm.cox.net?   When I go to log in thats what my URL says.

EdwardH
    Valued Contributor

Is it only reverting to the map on Webmail or when you log into the My account or Bill pay pages as well? You can locate the billing link directly here?

If its only effecting Webmail you would want to try try updating Java or the Flash plugins for the browser depending on if you are using Classic (which is Java based) or Enhanced (which is Flash) and seeing if it happens again.