Forum Discussion

LordFlux
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Clarification of what happens to e-mail address after service cancellation

I'm closing on a new house in a few days. My new house is in an area that is not serviced by Cox. I have been with Cox for 10 years and it makes me sad to lose you guys -- have really enjoyed your service.

Could a Cox rep please chime in and give me details about what will happen to my e-mail address after I turn the service off?

I'm trying to make sure everything is moved off of my @cox.net e-mail address, but I'm afraid I may miss something and need it later to recover an account/password.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaryF
    Former Moderator

Hi LordFlux,

Customers who are leaving Cox have an additional 90 days after the disconnect date to access email to allow time to save their emails and download contact information.   At the end of 90 days, your email account and login will be permanently deleted.  If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

yak
    Contributor III

Send an email today to everyone you know.  you can find your Previous Recipients list somewhere on your computer.  Tell them not to send to your old email.  Keep checking the account. every time someone sends you an email to the soon-to-be-closed account, respond quickly that they need to change your email in their Address List and remove the old one from their drop-down menu (the one that auto-fills the address when they start typing).  after 60 days you should not be getting any emails to the old address.  but if you do get some, phone them and talk to them personally.  if you do this diligently, you won't have to worry later that you might be missing an important email.