Forum Discussion

molly1
New Contributor
8 years ago

EMAIL

HELLO, I WAS WONDERING IF OTHERS ARE HAVING TROUBLE ACCESSING THIER WEBMAIL OUT SIDE OF THIER HOMES?

I CAN LOG ON TO MY COX ACCOUNT AT THE OFFICE, BUT MY WEBMAIL WILL NOT COME IT. IN THE SEARCH BAR IT SAYS "WEBMAIL.WEST.COX.NET/DENIED/UPSPELL"?  HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP.

THANKS

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DerrickW
    Valued Contributor
    Hello molly1,

Try to access the following link - http://webmail.cox.net and tell me what comes up. You may also want to clear your cache and browsing history. I hope this helps, let us know if we can assist you further.
  • There have been a number of threads over the past week or so noting delays and stalls attempting to access web mail and the advice has been pretty much the same- clear cookies, cache., browsing history, etc. because it's clearly coincidence that this has cropped up recently with multiple users.

I'm still experiencing intermittent delays- some as long as five minutes and it doesn't seem to make all that much difference which server I access it through but by all means- clear your cache and browsing history as well as your cookies (save the yummy chocolate chip cookies though) and we'll all hope that it solves your problem...

Maybe if every Cox customer follows this sage advice then the problem will vanish into thin cyberspace?

linux_user
    New Contributor

I just attempted to sign into Webmail. I was able to sign in, but Webmail user interface was missing within the web page frame. The sidebar functions for the various tools was populated, but even when I left Webmail, and went into the Cox portal, and then came back to Webmail, the Webmail user interface was missing.

Early this morning, I attempted to sign into Webmail, but was unable to do so. I experienced the problem I have been observing for about 2 weeks now, that is the Webamil login page will not be displayed, due to "waiting for cox webmail".

Clearly there is a major issue with Webmail.

Years ago, clearing the browser history, and cache was a issue, but with todays modern browsers, and Operating Systems, this continued advice is fundamentally unsound in light of the customer complaints being posted... repeatedly.

Is it at all possible someone within the Cox Support (forum) organization could contact Cox email/systems engineering and ask what is going on???

Any details would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

• There was an issue earlier today, which has since been resolved. Are you still having trouble stinkfoot63 & linux user?

Brian
    Cox Support Forums Moderator